Paytm intends to assist Indian residents in finding a COVID-19 immunization slot in their location. As a response, the payments app has launched a dedicated slot discovery function, which is available on both Android and iOS.
On his Twitter account, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma confirmed the news, saying that the COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder will assist people identify openings at vaccination centres in their vicinity. The application obtains real-time data from CoWIN. The COVID-19 immunization initiative in India is known as CoWIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network).
Users may check the availability of vaccination slots at local centers by entering their pin code or district. Users can also receive an alert when new spaces become available. The slots are available for anybody aged 18 and up to 45, and the finder will indicate open openings for the following four weeks.
The slot finder can only be used to discover slots; it cannot be used to make appointments. When a slot becomes available, you may click it to be sent to the Co-WIN website/app to make your appointment. If a slot is not available, one can select to be alerted via Paytm Chat when one becomes available. To see if a slot is available at your pin code or district, follow the procedures below:
1. Scroll down to the Mini App Store area after launching the Paytm app.
2. Select ‘Vaccine Finder’ from the drop-down menu. If you can’t find anything, go to ‘All’ and then touch on the finder.
3. Choose between the 18+ and 45+ age categories by entering your pin code/district.
4. After clicking ‘Check Availability,’ the finder will show you whether any immunization slots are available in your location.
5. If no slots are available, select ‘Notify me when slots are available’ and Paytm will send you an email when they become available.